Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
$400.00 prize winner. This came from Better Homes & Gardens. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup caramel flavored ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cups apples, cinnamon cherrios
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried apple
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Line an 8x8x2"-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil up over edges of pan. Butter the foil. In a large saucepan combine 3/4 cup of the peanut butter, 1/2 cup of the ice cream topping, and the brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat. Add cereal and apples; stir gently to coat. Transfer to prepared pan; press firmly into pan.
- In a small bowl stir together remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup ice cream topping. Spread evenly over bars and sprinkle with peanuts, pressing lightly. Let bars stand 1 hour to set. Use foil to lift from pan. Cut into bars.