This recipe is from the www.crisco.com website.
My Private Note
9 x 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CRUST
- 3/4 cup shortening (OR 3/4 stick Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks, plus additional for greasing pan)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups quick oats, uncooked
FOR THE FILLING
- 1HEAT oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with shortening.
- 2COMBINE 3/4 cup shortening and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer; add egg. Beat until well blended.
- 3MIX together 1 1/2 cups flour, salt and baking soda. Add gradually to creamed mixture. Add in oats. Mix until blended. Reserve 1 1/4 cups of mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 4TOSS apples with 2 tablespoons flour and lemon juice. Distribute apple mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Press in lightly.
- 5PLACE caramels in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 minute. Stir. Repeat until caramels are melted. Drizzle melted caramel evenly over apples. Crumble reserved topping evenly over caramel.
- 6BAKE 30 to 40 minutes, or until apples are tender and top is golden brown (do not overbake). Loosen caramel from sides of pan with knife. Cool completely. Cut into 1 1/2 inch bars. Cover tightly with plastic wrap to store.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 122.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g