the use of ice cream topping make these pretty easy to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
BASE or TOPPING
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups butter, melted
- 1Heat oven to 350*.grease a jelly roll pan.
- 2in large bowl, combine all base and topping ingredients, mix at low speed till crumbly --
- 3press half (2 1/2 cups) of mixture in bottom of greased pan.
- 4save rest for topping --
- 5bake at 350* for 8 minutes --
- 6meanwhile in small saucepan, combine caramel tipping, 1/2 cup flour, and blend well.
- 7bring to boil ovre medium heat, stirring constantly -- about 3-5 minutes -- or mixture begins to thicken slightly.stir all the time.
- 8remove pan from oven, sprinkle apples and walnuts over warm base.
- 9pour caramel mixture evenly over top.
- 10sprinkle with reserved topping mixture --
- 11return to oven, bake an additional 20-25 minutes or golden brown --
- 12cool 30 minutes.
- 13refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g