Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
the use of ice cream topping make these pretty easy to make
Make and share this Caramel Apple Bars recipe from Food.com.
BASE or TOPPING
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350*.grease a jelly roll pan.
- in large bowl, combine all base and topping ingredients, mix at low speed till crumbly --
- press half (2 1/2 cups) of mixture in bottom of greased pan.
- save rest for topping --
- bake at 350* for 8 minutes --
- meanwhile in small saucepan, combine caramel tipping, 1/2 cup flour, and blend well.
- bring to boil ovre medium heat, stirring constantly -- about 3-5 minutes -- or mixture begins to thicken slightly.stir all the time.
- remove pan from oven, sprinkle apples and walnuts over warm base.
- pour caramel mixture evenly over top.
- sprinkle with reserved topping mixture --
- return to oven, bake an additional 20-25 minutes or golden brown --
- cool 30 minutes.
- refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.