Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
the use of ice cream topping make these pretty easy to make
Make and share this Caramel Apple Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350*.grease a jelly roll pan.
- in large bowl, combine all base and topping ingredients, mix at low speed till crumbly --
- press half (2 1/2 cups) of mixture in bottom of greased pan.
- save rest for topping --
- bake at 350* for 8 minutes --
- meanwhile in small saucepan, combine caramel tipping, 1/2 cup flour, and blend well.
- bring to boil ovre medium heat, stirring constantly -- about 3-5 minutes -- or mixture begins to thicken slightly.stir all the time.
- remove pan from oven, sprinkle apples and walnuts over warm base.
- pour caramel mixture evenly over top.
- sprinkle with reserved topping mixture --
- return to oven, bake an additional 20-25 minutes or golden brown --
- cool 30 minutes.
- refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.