A Pillsbury favorite...caramel ice-cream topping sweetens up this crispy fruit classic.
Make and share this Caramel Apple and Pear Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium apples, peeled, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium pears, peeled, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- whipped cream
- caramel ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In sprayed baking dish, combine apples, pears, sugar and allspice; toss gently to mix.
- Drizzle evenly with ice cream topping.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, walnuts and flour; mix well.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture; press lightly.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is crisp.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon liquid from baking dish over fruit.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel ice cream topping. Store in refrigerator.