Recipe by YummySmellsca
Toasted almonds and caramel flavoured stevia fill this whole grain apple muffin with rich flavour, while homemade apple sauce and almond milk keep it moist without added fat. Egg powder: http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/powderedwholeeggscan.aspx Stevia: http://www.krisda.ca/
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup stevia, baking blend (I used Krisda)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 (1 g) packetscaramel-flavoured stevia (I used Krisda)
- 1 apple, peeled cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon large-flake rolled oats
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease 4 jumbo muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, beat the applesauce, stevia baking blend, brown sugar, vanilla, almond milk and rice vinegar until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, egg and caramel stevia.
- Fold in the apple and slivered almonds.
- Portion into the muffin cups and top with oats, almonds and sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rackand cool completely.