1 hr 30 mins
The original recipe is from the Pro Football Hall of Fame "Taste for Heroes". I've made a couple of changes and hope you like it. GREAT Autumn apple recipe with a "kick".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1Combine the first five ingredients (apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, amaretto and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Pour this mixture into the unbaked pastry shell.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the pecans and remaining ingredients and stir until this mixture is crumbly.
- 4Sprinkle this mixture over the apple pie and press it gently into the pie filling.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until lightly brown. (I do use a pie ring to keep the crust from getting too brown).
- 6Serve warm or cool to room temperature before serving.
- 7I have also served it with spiced whipped topping which is one small container of Cool Whip to which I've added 2 tablespoons of either pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice and 1 tablespoons of brown sugar and stirred well.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Amaretto Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4394.3
- Calories from Fat 2107
- Total Fat 234.1 g
- Saturated Fat 80.6 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 1730.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 580.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.5 g
- Sugars 400.7 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: