Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think the name pretty much says it all. I don't think you would have to have a stand mixer, a hand mixer should do the job just fine. Wrapped up pretty this would make a lovely gift.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked (old fashioned or quick)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped caramel candy (or use an equal amount of chopped Rolo candy, chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, roughly chopped plus 1/4 cup for topping
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8x4 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, oatmeal and caramel candy, stir to combine.
- Place egg whites in a bowl of a stand mixer, turn mixer on high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile, in separate bowl mash bananas with a fork. Once the bananas are mashed, add the egg and oil and stir to combine. Once ingredients are combined, pour into flour mixture and stir to completely incorporate. Add one-third of the whipped egg whites, and gently fold ingredients together. Continue adding egg whites until all are incorporated into the batter.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan. Evenly top with the remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Place in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, remove from pan and place on cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.