Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are no-bake bars. Very easy to make. The caramelized almonds on top make nice presentation. Make sure to use condensed milk not evaporated milk which is quiet different.
- 200 g biscuits, finely crushed
- 100 g ground almonds
- 150 g butter, melted
- 395 g condensed milk
- 60 g butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 150 g semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 100 g sliced almonds
- 110 g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grease 19cm x 29cm rectangular pan.
- Line base and two long sides with baking paper extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- For crust:.
- In medium bowl combine biscuit crumbs, grounded almonds and melted butter.
- Press over base of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm about 30 minute.
- For filling:.
- In medium saucepan melt 60g of butter and 2 Tablespoon sugar add condensed milk.
- Simmer whisking constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and is golden brown.
- It takes about 8 minutes.
- Spread hot caramel over crumb layer,refrigerate until firm.
- Spread combined chocolate and oil over bars and leave to set.
- Caramelized almonds - garnish:.
- In small saucepan melt sugar and water bring it to the boil over high heat. Cook until golden brown takes about 5-10 minutes add sliced almonds. Stir well.
- Pour over silikon mat (silkpat)or well oiled baking tray.
- Quickly spread it out with wooden spoon. Let it cool.
- Break into pieces by hand and put on top as a garnish.