Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Carabeef is a healthy and more affordable alternative to beef meat when cooking a Filipino dishes like Caldereta.
- 2 cups potatoes
- 1⁄2 kg beef
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup green olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup liver spread
- 2 tablespoons cheese
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 pieces bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 chili
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- FOR COOKING THE CARABEEF:.
- Pressure cooker.
- 1 liter water.
- Pour the water to the pressure cooker. Add carabeef and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. Set aside.
- HOW TO COOK CARABEEF CALDERETA:.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until color turns light brown.
- Remove and set aside for a while. Fry bell peppers just for a few seconds.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic and onions until become translucent. Add beef to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes. You just want to incorporate all the flavors of the garlic and onion to the meat.
- Add stock, tomato sauce, liver spread and bay leaf; stir a little to combine all the ingredients. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add green olives, chili, grated cheese, tomato paste, fried potatoes, carrots and bell peppers. Simmer for another 5 minutes over low heat or until sauce thickens.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a plate. Serve hot. Bon appetit!