Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We were going to market this one but the packageing cost killed the deal. It's fairly sweet you can cut down on the sugar if you find it so.
- 5 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1⁄2 cup molasses, my spicer
- 1⁄2 cup catsup (El-cheapo but not too)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup mild oil (Canola)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (reg)
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (that's 1 TBS onion powder, 1 TBS cayenne pepper, 1 TBS dried leaf Mexican oregano, 1 TBS dried thyme)
- Mix in a saucepan and simmer 30 minutes Don't boil.
- Zap it smooth an immersion blender or blender.
- Keep overnight to meld.
- For Tamarind concintrate, soak a broken up block of Tamarind paste in a cup or so of hot water.
- Shove the resultant goo through a strainer.
- Heave the fiber.