Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A quick and delicious recipe for Tilapia! It originally came from a bag of tilapia filets. I make this once a week!
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 oz. each)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (add more if you like)
- 2 -3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a med saute pan (with a metal handle) spray with non stick cooking spray. Saute onions about 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add tilapia filets on top of sauteed onions.
- Add chopped garlic on each filet.
- Add chopped fresh basil.
- Add tomato slices or chopped tomatoes.
- Place pan with topped filets in the oven.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until fish is white.
This smelled delicious cooking, but I found the flavor a bit bland, however a squirt of fresh lemon juice fixed that. Thanks for sharing!