Recipe by Sassy Cat
Less than 20 minutes and you have a great casserole. Low fat but don't tell anyone. You can substitute peas and carrots for just the peas.
Top Review by chef 11674
I used Bumble Bee Albacore solid white, packed in water. The total fat for 2 cans is 2g, and sat fat is 0g. I also use no fat milk there is 0 fat in this milk. Using these 2 products will lower the Nutritional Information by 2.84g total fat and approx 0.945g sat fat.
- 6 ounces linguine or 6 ounces pasta, of your choice
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) albacore tuna, water-packed, drained & flaked*
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- smokey paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta accordidng to package directions, omitting the salt.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup unsalted water to a boil, add the peas, and cook uncovered, for 1 minute; drain and set aside.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, whisk the milk into the flour, add dill weed and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until slightly thickened; about 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Add the pasta, tuna, cheese, and pepper, blend well, and heat but do not boil; about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle smokey paprika over top.
- * You can use a mixture of sea food, such as shrimp, crab, use what your family likes.