Recipe by *Pixie*
A meal in itself, this hearty fish chowder is good served with hot homemade bread or garlic bread.
- 2 lbs ocean perch fillets
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 cans condensed mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces pimiento, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any skin from fish and cut in small cubes.
- In a nonstick pan, saute green pepper, onion, potato, and mushrooms in melted butter for 8-10 minutes.
- Add fish and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a large saucepan, mix the soup and milk until smooth.
- Add the corn and wine and stir.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Do not boil.
- Add the fish mixtures, by spoolfuls, stirring constantly.
- Add salt, pepper and pimento.
- Simmer, just below boiling for 5 minutes.