Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from Paula Deen's Chocolate Celebration Magazine.It is so simple and tastes like something that took hours to make but doesn't.I made a homemade crust(# 13619) which made this pie even better.I also added a tsp of vanilla to the pie filling and substituted bourbon with rum.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon or 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a lightly floured surface,unroll pie crust.
- Roll pastry into a 12 inch circle.
- Press pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate,crimping edges,if desired.
- In a large bowl,combine sugars and eggs;beating well.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Add flour,stirring until combined.
- Stir in bourbon,vanilla,chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting.(I think this time should actually be alot longer than 30 minutes.I let mine cool for 30 minutes then put it in the fridge overnight).