Recipe by MobiusM1
This is a recipe for an extremely hot chili that I designed myself for an annual fall chili cookoff. Please note that I am not joking when I say it is extremely hot; it's named "Captain Saicin's" (Cap'Saicin) after the chemical compound that makes peppers hot. The Ground Zero sauce is the key ingredient to the Chili's good solid flavor and heat, and can be purchased at some meat markets or online.
- 1 lb beef (diced to 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) canlight red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (chopped to size of beef pieces)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon da' bomb ground zero hot sauce (more or less to heat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice beef into ½-inch chunks and place in crock-pot.
- Turn crock-pot on high and add the diced onions.
- Add the beans, garlic, tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes.
- Let cook on high for 1-½ hours.
- Add the Chili Powder and Ground Zero Hot Sauce.
- Turn down to low and let cook an additional hour to hour and a half.
- Serve hot.