Recipe by CanadianChef
The sauce is wonderful, the flavour of the fruit and the spice of the Jamiacan pepper are perfect for chicken.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
We enjoyed this very much and the sauce was very good with the rice. I did change a step in the cooking instructions After step 3 the chicken was cooked enough and there was still a lot of liquid. To reduce it to half I felt it might dry out the chicken, so I removed the chicken put the heat up to reduce the sauce, after it was reduced I returned the chicken to the pot, let it heat through and then added the cream.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 papaya, peeled and chopped
- 1 jamaican hot pepper, chopped (remove seeds unless you like it really spicy)
- 1⁄2 cup Captain Morgan's spiced rum
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in dutch oven, add garlic, ginger and shallot, saute until shallot is soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan and brown, turning frequently.
- Add rum, chicken broth, mango, papaya and pepper, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer until sauce is reduced ( I let it go to half) and add cream, heat through but don't boil.
- Serve over steamed rice.