1 hr 10 mins
This was posted on Captain Morgan's facebook page. It sounded yummy but I'd never be able to find it again there so I thought I should put it here to share. Serving Size is unknown so I guessed
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups persimmon pulp
- 1 persimmon, soft
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 star anise, clove
- 1 1/3 cups spiced rum
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 baguette, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup milk, for Creme Anglaise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1Persimmon Bread Pudding.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Grease baking pan & set aside.
- 4Squeeze the pulp from the persimmons.
- 5In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk with the star anise & Cinnamon. Remove from heat when mixture begins to simmer. Once cooled back down remove cinnamon stick & star anise.
- 6Whisk together the milk in the saucepan with brown sugar, eggs, vanilla & salt.
- 7Add raisins, walnuts, pulp & soft fruit to saucepan.
- 8Place torn baguette pieces into a baking dish. Pour the saucepan mixture over the top of the torn baguette pieces.
- 9Place small pieces of butter on top of the mixture in the pan.
- 10Bake for 40 minutes or till pudding is puffed up.
- 11Let cool for 20 minutes before serving & prepare the creme anglaise.
- 12Creme Anglaise.
- 13In a medium saucepan heat 1 cup milk & heavy cream. Stir occasionally & don't let mixture boil. Once it starts to simmer remove from heat.
- 14Beat egg yolks with sugar.
- 15Add saucepan mixture to the egg & sugar mixture slowly. Stir mixture as you add the liquids. (Note reason for adding mixture slowly is so eggs won't cook.
- 16Transfer mixture to a saucepan. Heat while stirring till sauce thickens.
- 17Once thicken remove from heat & add spiced rum.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Captain Morgan's Persimmon Bread Pudding and Creme Anglaise
Serving Size: 1 (666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1730.0
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 443.4 mg
- Sodium 1659.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 236.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 83.0 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: