Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was posted on Captain Morgan's facebook page. It sounded yummy but I'd never be able to find it again there so I thought I should put it here to share. Serving Size is unknown so I guessed
- 1 1⁄2 cups persimmon pulp
- 1 persimmon, soft
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 star anise, clove
- 1 1⁄3 cups spiced rum
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 baguette, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup milk, for Creme Anglaise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- Persimmon Bread Pudding.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease baking pan & set aside.
- Squeeze the pulp from the persimmons.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk with the star anise & Cinnamon. Remove from heat when mixture begins to simmer. Once cooled back down remove cinnamon stick & star anise.
- Whisk together the milk in the saucepan with brown sugar, eggs, vanilla & salt.
- Add raisins, walnuts, pulp & soft fruit to saucepan.
- Place torn baguette pieces into a baking dish. Pour the saucepan mixture over the top of the torn baguette pieces.
- Place small pieces of butter on top of the mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or till pudding is puffed up.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before serving & prepare the creme anglaise.
- Creme Anglaise.
- In a medium saucepan heat 1 cup milk & heavy cream. Stir occasionally & don't let mixture boil. Once it starts to simmer remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar.
- Add saucepan mixture to the egg & sugar mixture slowly. Stir mixture as you add the liquids. (Note reason for adding mixture slowly is so eggs won't cook.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan. Heat while stirring till sauce thickens.
- Once thicken remove from heat & add spiced rum.