Recipe by Chef Jeff from Albany
This recipe is from the elegant Captain Linnell House in Orleans, Massachusetts as published in 'A Taste of Cape Cod'.
- 3 lbs canned crabmeat, well drained
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices or 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crabmeat and all other ingredients except oil into a large bowl and mix well. Shape mixture into patties just like making hamburgers. I use a hamburger patty press. Coat outside of crabcakes with additional dry breadcrumbs. Saute crab cakes in clarified butter or peanut oil until they are brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside. Serve with Chive Sauce Recipe.
- This recipe freezes well. Roll crab cakes in dry breadcrumbs after thawing.