Recipe by chad alspach
I got this recipe from http://www.HersheysSyrup.com. Try it out, I have made it several times and it is very tasty! To Serve: Turn out and re-heat in steamer 1-1/2 minutes, or heat in microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Place on large plate with scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with white chocolate sauce and Hershey's chocolate syrup. Garnish as desired.
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup rum or 1 cup spiced rum or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, in 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 loaf Italian bread (about 10 cups) or 1 loaf French bread, cubed (about 10 cups)
- vanilla ice cream
- white chocolate sauce
- Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat conventional oven to 350°F.
- Butter or oil 10 to 12 individual baking dishes.
- In large bowl with wire whisk, blend together eggs, rum, spices and vanilla.
- Place Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips, sugar and Hershey's cocoa in heavy saucepan.
- Gradually blend in cream.
- Over low heat, stirring constantly, heat until Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Gradually blend into egg mixture.
- Add bread, stirring to coat.
- Let stand until all bread is soaked (about 2 to 3 hours).
- Stir occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set.