Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Unlike many recipes, this tangy sauce is ketchup free! Why buy a sauce to make a sauce? It uses real honey and smoke flavoring to create a barbeque basting blast!
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 3⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid hickory liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan then stir to blend well.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minuets, stirring occassionally.
- Cool and pour into 4 cup plastic storage container then refrigerate.
Great flavor and unlike the bottled stuff, not full of salt! Easy to make, too. I will make this often to use as a basting sauce and as a dipping sauce. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
This BBQ sauce is very good. I never have put molasses in a bbq sauce before but was surprised that it added so much in flavor. Every one who walked into the room when it was simmering commented about how good it smelled. Made for PAC Spring 2014.