1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Doreen Randal's Note:
I've made this one with stale toast bread it worked ok. My friends enjoyed this. Didn't have any egg tomatoes so used ordinary ones (not too big) Any type of dry Italian-style bread can be used pagnotta was used in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Italian bread (any type of dry Italian-style bread, pagnotta was used in this recipe)
- 1 medium garlic, bulb
- 9 egg tomatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 2 large red capsicums
- 1 large yellow capsicum
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, lightly-packed and torn
- 1DRESSING:Separate garlic bulbs into cloves, don't peel.
- 2Combine garlic, tomatoes and oil in baking dish.
- 3Bake uncovered, in moderately hot oven about 30 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft, gently turning tomato occasionally; cool.
- 4Reserve garlic for the dressing.
- 5Cut bread into 2 cm squares, combine in a bowl with extra olive oil; mix well.
- 6Place bread in single layer on oven tray, toast in moderate oven about 10 minutes.
- 7Quarter capsicums, remove seeds and membranes.
- 8Grill capsicums, skin side up, until skin blisters and blackens.
- 9Peel away skin, slice capsicums into thick strips.
- 10Combine tomatoes, capsicums, basil in a large bowl; toss gently.
- 11Add crunchy bread to salad just before serving.
- 12DRESSING Squeeze pulp from garlic. Blend with vinegar and sugar until smooth.
- 13Add oil gradually in a thin stream while motor is running.
- 14Blend until thick.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capsicum, Tomato and Crunchy Bread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.8
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g