Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick chilled soup with a few special flavours thrown in. From Recipes + January 2013.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced chili
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 large red capsicums, chargrilled and skin removed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onion until soft.
- Add onion, chilli and paprika, cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and capsicums, and stock, stir to combine. Bring to the boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and vinegar and remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Blend or process in batches until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cover and refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, spread toast with pesto and serve with soup topped with feta cheese.