A quick chilled soup with a few special flavours thrown in. From Recipes + January 2013.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced chili
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 large red capsicums, chargrilled and skin removed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onion until soft.
- 2Add onion, chilli and paprika, cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- 3Add tomatoes and capsicums, and stock, stir to combine. Bring to the boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add sugar and vinegar and remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- 5Blend or process in batches until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cover and refrigerate until cold.
- 6To serve, spread toast with pesto and serve with soup topped with feta cheese.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capsicum Soup With Feta and Pesto Toast
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 492.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: