Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A beautiful sweet soup. Perfect served with some corn bread on the side. Use gluten free stock and tomatoes if your diet requires
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 red capsicums, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock (I use Massell as it is currently gluten free)
- 250 ml thickened cream
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add capsicum and cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the capsicum softens.
- Use a food processor or hand-held stick blender to blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan.
- Add the cream and stir over low heat until hot. (If the soup isn't to be eaten all at once-only add the cream to the portion you will be using. The soup will keep better in the fridge if the cream has not been added and heated. Just have a good guess at the quantity of cream to be added).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This was beautiful soup and as I love red peppers it will go on my list of repeats from now on - I dropped a handful of cherry tomatoes in at the end and it was just great - so easy to do also !! So thanks **Jubes** for a perfect winter soup .