Recipe by **Jubes**
A beautiful sweet soup. Perfect served with some corn bread on the side. Use gluten free stock and tomatoes if your diet requires
Top Review by katew
This was beautiful soup and as I love red peppers it will go on my list of repeats from now on - I dropped a handful of cherry tomatoes in at the end and it was just great - so easy to do also !! So thanks **Jubes** for a perfect winter soup .
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 red capsicums, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock (I use Massell as it is currently gluten free)
- 250 ml thickened cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add capsicum and cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the capsicum softens.
- Use a food processor or hand-held stick blender to blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan.
- Add the cream and stir over low heat until hot. (If the soup isn't to be eaten all at once-only add the cream to the portion you will be using. The soup will keep better in the fridge if the cream has not been added and heated. Just have a good guess at the quantity of cream to be added).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.