Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I clipped this from last Sunday's newspaper and we had it for lunch today. I used extra cheese and creme fraiche so there was a little liquid run off when I plated it, and I just realised as I was typing it up that I only used 1 tsp of cornflour. I used a 425g can of tuna, and everything else as listed. We found the the dish to be quite tasty with a slight sour cream taste, and very satisfying.
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 370 g tuna, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, plus 1/2 cup extra for topping
- 1 cup creme fraiche (sour cream)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients except cayenne and extra cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a 6-cup ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup of cheddar mixed with 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.