Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great light lunch with some salad!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and sliced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a frypan and saute onion until tender. Stir in capsicums and saute for a further 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until capsicums are very tender.
- Whisk eggs, cheese, tomatoes, basil & pepper together and pour over capsicum mixture.
- Cook over a low heat for approx 5 minutes or until torte is almost set.
- Place pan under a preheated grill for 1-2 mins or until the top is golden and set.
This is a very nice quick meal and is great for when you dont want to cook but dont want to get takeaway either.
We really enjoyed this a lot! I loved the addition of sun-dried tomatoes (I used the kind stored in olive oil) and fresh basil. I just used some cheddar for the cheese, but I think it would be especially good with feta. This couldn't have been easier to make, and it did indeed make a good lunch with some salad. Thanks for posting the recipe; I'm sure I'll be making it again.