Recipe by Brian Holley
A quick simple to prepare dish. I serve this as a side dish with a curry for those who are vegetarian, but, it goes so well with meat dishes too.
- 5 green bell peppers, cubed
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 6 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh coriander leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in pot, when hot add the mustard and cumin seeds, allow them to spatter, and add the curry leaves.
- Add the onions and potatoes and the salt. Cook till the onions are light golden colour.
- Add the turmeric, ginger and garlic, stir.
- Add the capsicum, stir to mix ingredients together.
- Add the corinader and chilli powders.
- Turn heat to low and cook uncovered till potaoes and capsicum are cooked.
- Serve garnished with the coriander leaves.