Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from an advertisement in a NZ magazine
- 5 cups stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (or 1/2 cup ready made from a jars)
- 1 cup sliced artichoke
- 3⁄4 cup red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat stock in saucepan and simmer gently.
- Fry onion in oil in another saucepan until softened.
- Add rice and garlic to onion, coat rice in oil
- Stir over heat 2 minutes.
- Add hot stock to rice, one cup at a time.
- Stir till stock absorbed before adding next cup.
- This will take 15 - 20 mins till all stock absorbed.
- Add other ingredients , heat through.
- Season and serve with parmesan on top.