Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found this recipe in a very old cookbook bought in a Goodwill Store and of course, I changed it around a little to suit our taste. It is a dinner salad that is perfect for warm weather. Most of the cook time is actually chill time.
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlezesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup sliced carrot, par boiled
- 2 cups cooked lima beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup red onion ring
- 1 head lettuce, doesn't matter what kind,suit your own taste
- Cut the steak into small strips and brown, until just done (approximately 5 min), in a small amount of Zesty Italian dressing and olive oil.
- Combine the steak, carrots, beans, peppers, onion and remaining dressing and toss to mix.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and toss with the steak mixture.