Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
got this from the Barilla website - can't wait to try, so simple
- 1 (16 ounce) boxbarilla spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- BRING a large pot of water to a boil.
- HEAT oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; stir for 1 to 2 minutes. ADD tomatoes and seasoning; reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- COOK pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- ADD hot pasta to skillet mixture. Add cheese; stir until slightly melted. Transfer to serving platter. Garnish with oregano leaves.
- Tip: Substitute shredded mozzarella cheese for buffalo mozzarella. Substitute dried oregano for fresh.
I should have written this review in the summer; we were eating this dish at least once a week back then. But I didn't want the year to go by without congratulating you on this wonderful pasta. We loved the fresh tomato taste (I do peel my tomatoes -- hate peels). And the oregano gives the dish a real southern Italian flair.
This was very good. The only changes I made was to use heirloom tomatoes rather than plum tomatoes. I also put the red pepper flakes & oregano in with the oil to bring out the flavor a bit & added about a 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid to the sauce. Thanks for sharing.