Recipe by Linky
Someone posted this on FaceBook - I love Caprese salad and love avocados, so I figured I better post it here before it got lost in the bottomless pit of FB!
- 1 pint tomatoes (Cherry or grape, cut in halves)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (pearls, or diced)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, julienned
- 4 avocados
- 4 -6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (to drizzle, adjust to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, garlic and oil in a bowl; mix well.
- Can be used immediately or refrigerated until ready to assemble the avocados.
- Cut the avocadoes in half lengthwise, remove pits and carefully peel the avocado halves.
- Place the peel avocado halves on a plate. (Can place over lettuce or salad greens.).
- Spoon the tomato mozzarella caprese filling into the avocado halves.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.