Recipe by Pomtini
Classic caprese salad turned into an easy and elegant appetizer. *If you can't find small fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini) you can buy a larger ball of fresh mozzarella and cut it into 1/2 in cubes.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, Halved Cross-wise
- 8 ounces bocconcini, Small Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 32 (4 inch) wooden skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread 1 tomato half, 1 piece of cheese, and another tomato half onto each skewer. Place skewers in a shallow serving dish.
- Whisk together oil,balsamic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle oil mixture over skewers. Sprinkle with basil, and salt and pepper to taste.