Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple, but elegant side dish. Goes good with Simple Shrimp Cakes. The first 6 ingredients are for the Olive Oil & Walnut Pesto. Two cups of fresh basil leaves are needed (don't know why "0" comes through), in addition to chopped walnuts, grated parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice and chopped garlic.
Olive Oil and Walnut Pesto
- 2 cups basil leaves, fresh packed
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 medium red ripe tomatoes
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (optional)
- OliveOil & Walnut Pesto: Pulse basil, walnuts, cheese, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in food processor until blended. Place in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Caprese Salad: Combine 2 tablespoons Walnut Pesto, olive oil and vinegar in small bowl. Slice tomatoes and cheese into 1/4-inch thick slices. Layer tomatoes and cheese on serving plate. Drizzle pesto vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.