Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
So tasty and easy. From thecurvycarrot.com
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 6 -8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (depending on how much you like)
- handful fresh basil
- drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- For the balsamic reduction: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer, swirling the pan occasionally, until reduced to about half of the original amount (about 20 minutes.) Watch it carefully. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, assemble the salad by layering the tomato, mozzarella, and basil.
- Lightly drizzle the olive oil and balsamic reduction over the salad and sprinkle with salt and pepper.