Recipe from "Everyday Italian". I made this recipe with only cherry tomatoes and just tossed everything together with the dressing. Easy and good.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatoes, assorted (such as regular vine-ripened tomatoes, plum tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes and yellow tea)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Whisk the lemon juice, 1/2 t salt, and 1/4 t pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil to blend. Set the dressing aside.
- Cut the regular tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices, and the plum tomatoes into wedges. Cut the cherry, grape, and teardrop tomatoes in half. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over. Sprinkle with the basil and additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve.