Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good appetizer, salad, or light lunch. Servings are based on being an appetizer. This is my variation of one from On Cooking - A Textbook of Culinary Fundamentals Third Edition. Written by Sarah Lebensky and Alan Hause.
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (fresh, sliced into 24 slices)
- 6 roma tomatoes (sliced into 24 slices)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste )
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange the mozzarella and tomato slices in overlapping circles on a serving platter, alternating slices of cheese and tomato.
- Sprinkle the basil, salt and pepper over the salad. Drizzle with the olive oil.
Just like my grams recipe. We eat this all summer long. Mmmmmm!