Recipe by Livelygirl
Flavorful and traditional Caprese salad made even more beautiful and healthy on a bed of fresh green beans. I love having this for dinner on a warm summer evening.
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
I made this for a backyard bbq last night and it turned out really good. The green beans were a nice addition and the display looked beautiful. It tasted just as good and was easy to put together. I used garlic salt in place of the regular salt and left out the minced garlic on top. Thanks for posting!
- 453.59 g green beans, washed and ends removed
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced in 1/3-inch rounds
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 85.04 g part-skim mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt (about 1/4-1/2 tsp.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil green beans in a pot of salted, boiling water for about 3 minutes, or until just slightly tender. Strain and place beans in bowl of cold water to keep beans from cooking further and to bring them to room temperature.
- On a large serving platter, cover bottom with a layer of green beans. Then place the tomato slices in a single layer on top. Cover each tomato with a thin slice of mozzarella. Sprinkle the minced garlic and chopped basil on top.
- In a small container, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt until combined. Drizzle over the salad and serve.