Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick and simple recipe with flavor and style.....Enjoy
- 453.59 g fresh mozzarella cheese, Sliced 1/4-inch Thick
- 15-20 leaf fresh basil, Sliced
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, Sliced Thinly
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, Sliced 1/4-inch Thick
- freshly ground salt, To Taste
- fresh ground pepper, To Taste
- extra virgin olive oil, Drizzle
- balsamic vinegar, Drizzle
- 1. Lay a ring of sliced Tomatoes on a plate.
- 2. Place a single piece of sliced Mozzarella Cheese on each Tomato.
- 3. Cover Cheese with 4-6 pieces of Onion slivers.
- 4. Cover Onion with 2 pinches of chopped Basil.
- 5. Salt to Taste.
- 6. Pepper to Taste.
- 7. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar.
- 8. Drizzle with EVOO.
Wonderfully simple and flavorful salad ~ DH loved it! Made for Spring PAC 2010!
Can't beat this salad. I agree the onion does work well. I left out the balsamic vinegar- personal preference to let the other flavours shine through. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I have to say I was really surprised on how much we loved this! We love Caprese salad and I was not sure about the onion on it...but it works! Made for Spring PAC 2010 and I am glad I did!