Recipe by CP Camper
Nice quick fresh summer recipe for the portabella lover.
Top Review by heartshapedpan
I made these for an Italian inspired week of menu's. These were one of my choices. Mom said they were very good, and the hubby inhaled them, with the comment " those were awesome, are there any more?". I never get that out of him, so I know they were enjoyed by all! Thanks for the great idea.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, with stems removed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, ribboned
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brush mushroom caps with olive oil and using a fork slightly puncture the underside to allow for greater absorption.
- Mix tomatoes and basil and add a dash of balsamic vinegar to the mixture. Apply mixture evenly to all mushrooms.
- Cover each mushroom with cheese and place on the grill on med-low heat. Cook until all cheese is melted and let rest for five minutes before eating.
- Can also be prepared in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes.