Caprese Polenta Burgers Recipe from The Wisconsin Beef Council
Make and share this Caprese Polenta Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Bring vinegar to a boil in 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 9 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Set aside.
- Meanwhile lightly shape ground beef into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Brush polenta slices with oil.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange polenta around patties.
- Grill patties and polenta, uncovered, 11 to 12 minutes or until patties are medium (160°F) doneness, and polenta is heated through, turning once and basting patties with 2 tablespoons reduced vinegar after turning.
- Season burgers with salt and pepper, as desired.
- For each serving, layer 1 each polenta slice, burger, mozzarella slice and tomato slice. Drizzle with remaining vinegar and sprinkle with basil, as desired.