Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great little appetizer of fresh mozzarella and tomato spears, drizzled with a basil vinaigrette. No one can eat just one!
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (ciliegine size)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl or jar, combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk or shake well to combine. Set aside. (The flavor is best when made at least one day in advance. Don't skip the lemon--it keeps the basil green.)
- On long toothpicks, spear two mozzarella balls and two cherry tomatoes.
- Arrange all of the picks on a platter. Drizzle vinaigrette over the top and serve.
This is the BEST idea for an a party appetizer! I made these for a family gathering, and everyone LOVED them. I added strips of fresh basil leaves to the skewers too. Thanks!