Chef Chessie's Note:
I threw this together as a cold side dish as I went along using things I already had in my kitchen. I was pretty much done before I realized I had a modified version of a Caprese Salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil pasta as directed on package.
- 2Put pasta in strainer and toss with cold water.
- 3Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- 4Toss with balsamic vinegar to taste (I like it very tart but not everyone does).
- 5Toss with olive oil.
- 6Add garlic, onions, and basil and keep tossing.
- 7Gently toss in tomato and cheese.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Chill and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caprese Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 91.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g