1/2 Photos of Caprese Pasta in Alfredo Sauce
Another pasta recipe using the Caprese dressing. I definitely got inspired with Olive Garden's Caprese Flatbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 roma tomatoes or 8 -10 plum tomatoes
- 20 medium fresh basil leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 four cheese alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 14 1/2 ounces rotini pasta (1 box) or 14 1/2 ounces fusilli (1 box)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit.
- 2Dice tomatoes into small pieces and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add chopped garlic, salt, pepper, 1½ of chopped basil, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Set aside and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 3Cook pasta as per box instructions.
- 4Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- 5Combine Alfredo sauce and garlic powder in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. (Season with salt and pepper as desired).
- 6Cut Italian sausage into 1/2 pieces (it will look like mini meatballs) and fry until brown.
- 7Combine cooked pasta, sauce, Caprese mix and fried Italian sausages into a baking pan. Top with mozzarella cheese to evenly cover surface.
- 8Sprinkle parmesan cheese and place in over for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is golden, crisp and bubbly.
- 9Garnish with remaining basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caprese Pasta in Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 947.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
four cheese alfredo sauce