Recipe by ifredz
Another pasta recipe using the Caprese dressing. I definitely got inspired with Olive Garden's Caprese Flatbread.
- 8 -10 roma tomatoes or 8 -10 plum tomatoes
- 20 medium fresh basil leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 four cheese alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 14 1⁄2 ounces rotini pasta (1 box) or 14 1⁄2 ounces fusilli (1 box)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces sweet Italian sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit.
- Dice tomatoes into small pieces and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add chopped garlic, salt, pepper, 1½ of chopped basil, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Set aside and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta as per box instructions.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine Alfredo sauce and garlic powder in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. (Season with salt and pepper as desired).
- Cut Italian sausage into 1/2 pieces (it will look like mini meatballs) and fry until brown.
- Combine cooked pasta, sauce, Caprese mix and fried Italian sausages into a baking pan. Top with mozzarella cheese to evenly cover surface.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and place in over for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is golden, crisp and bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining basil leaves.