Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fun variation on the flavors of a Caprese salad! I recommend using good quality ingredients, as the recipe depends on only a handful of them to really shine. This was given to me by my aunt at my bridal shower.
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella, brie or 8 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, snipped into ribbons
- 8 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to taste, as desired
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb linguine
- In a medium bowl, combine your choice of cubed cheese with the basil, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and black pepper, and stir well, using a fork.
- Add a little more olive oil, as desired, to prevent mixture from becoming too dry.
- Allow sauce to sit while you prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Immediately after draining linguine, toss with sauce and allow to sit for a moment while the cheese melts a bit from the heat of the pasta.
- Stir, serve, and enjoy!
Great way to use fresh tomatoes and fresh basil at the end of the growing season. We will make this again. Nummy
Will absolutely make this again!!! So easy and great!! I used tomatoes from the garden including beautiful Green Zebra tomaoes. I also used some parm-regianno at the end. Thanks for posting Starrynews! Made for Culinary Quest FP 2014.
Delicious! I love caprese salad so I knew that this would be yummy, too. I made as written, using tomatoes and basil from my garden, as well as fresh mozzarella. I used a basil infused olive oil and added some salt and pepper, to taste. This made a wonderful, light lunch for the two of us. Thank you for sharing. **Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets**