- 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta following package directions, about 9 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the tomatoes, olive oil, olives, capers and balsamic vinegar. Add pasta to the bowl and stir to combine. Fold in mozzarella and basil.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.