Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
One of my favorites!
- 2 slice county-style bread, 1/2 inch thick
- olive oil, for brushing
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 2 slice mozzarella cheese
- 3 slice tomatoes
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Lay the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface.
- Spread the top of each slice with 1 Tbs mayonnaise.
- Place the cheese on one slice and top with the tomato slices.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the basil, then with the other bread slice, oiled side up.
- Place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 1.
Delicious! I left out the mayo and thoroughly enjoyed it. Used ciabatta bread
Loved it, this was great! I used smoked mozzarella and added in a couple slices of roasted red pepper that I had on hand. Dipped into some homemade broccoli cheese soup :)
Had to make do with a few changes. No Pannini press, so cooked like grilled cheese in skillet. No tomatoes so added pepperoncini. Added some grilled chicken slices for my protein!!! Yum!