- 2 slices county-style bread, 1/2 inch thick
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Lay the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface.
- Spread the top of each slice with 1 Tbs mayonnaise.
- Place the cheese on one slice and top with the tomato slices.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the basil, then with the other bread slice, oiled side up.
- Place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 1.