One of my favorites!
Make and share this Caprese Panini (Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Lay the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface.
- Spread the top of each slice with 1 Tbs mayonnaise.
- Place the cheese on one slice and top with the tomato slices.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the basil, then with the other bread slice, oiled side up.
- Place the sandwich on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 1.