Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Summer garden fresh tomatoes and basil pesto with fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese on sliced Italian bread. Try an addition of roasted red peppers making this just as good if not better.
- 4 slice Italian bread (1/2-3/4 inch thick)
- 19.71 ml basil pesto (Pesto)
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 113.39 g fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 1 roasted pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 14.79 ml olive oil, or
- 14.79 ml butter, softened
- Spread pesto on inner sides of bread.
- Layer fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, optional roasted pepper and basil leaves.
- Drizzle the outer sides or bread with olive oil.
- Place in a medium hot pan to brown both sides and cheese is melted.
Perfect - wouldn't change a thing. I used a panini maker.
Delicious! You can't go wrong with the caprese combo, and the pesto really added a great flavor to it. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 44