Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from Womans Day magazine (Mar '05). Appears to be an easy weeknight meal, or you could even fancy it up for guests.
- 1 cut up broiler-fryer chicken
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) canfire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- thinly sliced fresh basil
- Mix salt, pepper, and flour in a ziptop plastic bag. Add chicken pieces; toss to dredge evenly.
- Brown chicken pieces in 1 Tbsp oil for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion 3 minutes or until golden. Add 1 Tbsp garlic; saute until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes to pan; bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken pieces back to pan; bring back to a simmer, cover, and turning chicken occasionally, cook 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with basil and mozzarella.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta.
This had a wonderful aroma when it was cooking and tasted just as good! And it was such an easy dinner. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and did not coat them with flour because of a whet allergy. I also did not include the mozarella cheese and I didn't haven't any - thought I did, but didn't. In any case, this was great and I will most definitely make it again. Thanks. Knitaholic for a wonderfully easy recipe!