Recipe by knitaholic
This came from Womans Day magazine (Mar '05). Appears to be an easy weeknight meal, or you could even fancy it up for guests.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
This had a wonderful aroma when it was cooking and tasted just as good! And it was such an easy dinner. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and did not coat them with flour because of a whet allergy. I also did not include the mozarella cheese and I didn't haven't any - thought I did, but didn't. In any case, this was great and I will most definitely make it again. Thanks. Knitaholic for a wonderfully easy recipe!
- 1 cut up broiler-fryer chicken
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) canfire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- thinly sliced fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, pepper, and flour in a ziptop plastic bag. Add chicken pieces; toss to dredge evenly.
- Brown chicken pieces in 1 Tbsp oil for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion 3 minutes or until golden. Add 1 Tbsp garlic; saute until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes to pan; bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken pieces back to pan; bring back to a simmer, cover, and turning chicken occasionally, cook 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with basil and mozzarella.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta.